Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam in one of his speeches elaborates the concept:
Transforming the nation into a developed country, five areas in combination have been identified based on India's core competence, natural resources and talented manpower for integrated action to double the growth rate of GDP and realize the Vision of Developed India.
Agriculture and food processing -- with a target of doubling the present production of food and agricultural products by 2020. Agro food processing industry would lead to the prosperity of rural people, food security and speed up the economic growth;
Infrastructure with reliable and quality electric power including solar farming for all parts of the country, providing urban amenities in rural areas and interlinking of rivers;
Education and Healthcare: To provide social security and eradication of illiteracy and health for all;
Information and Communication Technology: This is one of our core competencies and wealth generator. ICT can be used for tele-education, tele-medicine and e-governance to promote education in remote areas, healthcare and also transparency in the administration; and Critical technologies and strategic industries witnessed the growth in nuclear technology, space technology and defence technology.
I visualize the following distinctive profile of India by the year 2020.
1. A Nation where the rural and urban divide has reduced to a thin line.
2. A Nation where there is an equitable distribution and adequate access to energy and quality water.
3. A Nation where agriculture, industry and service sector work together in symphony.
4. A Nation where education with value system is not denied to any meritorious candidates because of societal or economic discrimination.
5. A Nation which is the best destination for the most talented scholars, scientists, and investors.
6. A Nation where the best of health care is available to all.
7. A Nation where the governance is responsive, transparent and corruption free.
8. A Nation where poverty has been totally eradicated, illiteracy removed and crimes against women and children are absent and none in the society feels alienated.
9. A Nation that is prosperous, healthy, secure, devoid of terrorism, peaceful and happy and continues with a sustainable growth path.
10. A Nation that is one of the best places to live in and is proud of its leadership through creative and effective leadership in Parliament, State Assemblies and other institutions of the State.
My advise to my countrymen is to keep our moral fabric intact, fight corruption and present a true image of United India. For this we have to tread on the path of piousness and moral rectitude.
India 2020,"Global Power" is like a dream turning into realty. I am optimistic in saying this,but at the same I have concerns for the poor and people below poverty line,who are not getting the due benifit of this development boom. Telecom, banking, bpo, biotech, IT are the promising and leading sectors but more attention is needed towards agriculture manufacturing,law and industry. A good governance and implementation of programmes will surely make India a good investment destination for whole world. Jai Hind!
|Go Back||Go Top||Go Home|